Music Event Fund
Music Event Fund Guidelines
The Music Event Fund supports single- and multi-day events that:
- Showcase popular contemporary music and local artists
- Provide fair pay for local artists and production staff
- Engage broad and diverse communities, especially youth
- Feature high quality sound
Organizations hosting events in Larimer and Weld counties may apply for funds at least 60 days in advance of the event date. Applications will be accepted while funds are available.
Eligible applicants must be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organization or governmental unit as defined in section 170 (c)(1) of the Internal Revenue code. Private foundations and fiscal sponsorship programs are ineligible to apply to Music Event Fund. For governmental unit applicants, please contact the Music Programs staff to evaluate eligibility before beginning a Music Event fund application.
Events must occur within the geographic boundary of Larimer or Weld County, and popular contemporary music must be an integral component of the event. Requests for funds are accepted on an ongoing basis or until funds are fully allocated for that grant year.
If your event does not meet the funding guidelines for the Music Event Fund, you may want to review the Community Event Fund guidelines.
Music Event Fund applicants may apply for support from $500 up to $2,500.
Events Not Eligible for Funding
The Music Event Fund does not support:
- Community events that do not include popular contemporary music as an integral part of the event. (For support for general community events, see Community Event Fund.)
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) public charities; individuals and commercial entities are ineligible.
- Emergency funding
- School trips
- Professional development conferences
- Walk/run/golf events, etc.
- Individual artists or bands
- Recording or jam sessions
- Parties or clubs
- Benefit concerts for individuals or groups outside of your organization
- Team sports
- Applications to Community Event Fund and Music Event Fund for the same event
Application Process and Timeline
- Ensure your organization meets the Music Event Fund eligibility requirements and that your event aligns with our objectives.
- Music Event Fund applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. However, they must be received at least 60 days in advance of the event to be considered for review.
- Bohemian Foundation will respond to applicants within 30 days of receipt of a completed Music Event Fund application.
We encourage Music Event Fund award recipients to publicize their events and the Music Event Fund’s sponsorship.
If you are an award recipient, please contact us to confirm our approval before printing or distributing materials that reference the Foundation’s support. Materials may include news releases, advertisements, signage, and promotional items. Please email the Bohemian Foundation communications staff at to review your promotional plans and to request the Foundation’s logo. Please allow three days for Foundation staff to review and approve publicity and logo requests. In an effort to showcase Fort Collins music, we encourage you to use #FoCoMusic in your social media posts.