Eligibility and Exclusions
Through Bohemian Fund, Bohemian Foundation accepts applications from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations and government units working within the Poudre School District boundary. If you are a government unit applying to Bohemian Fund for the first time, please contact us.
Applicants may request up to $30,000 per application within one of three categories:
- General operating support
- Program support (ongoing; not one-time effort or event)
- Project support (one-time only requests; please contact staff before applying)
We invite organizations to review Bohemian Fund’s exclusions before applying. Below are activities that will not be considered for funding.
- Services impacting individuals and communities outside of the Poudre School District boundary.
- Music, arts, and cultural activities that are not considered popular.
- More than one application per organization, per round. For government entities such as schools, local governments, no more than one application per school or department, per round.
- Private lessons provided solely to individuals in a one-on-one setting (e.g., music, dance, sports, etc.)
- Mental health therapy provided solely to individuals in a one-on-one setting.
- Subsidies for childcare, respite care, or adult daycare.
- General support for organizations where the sole service provision is childcare, respite care, or adult daycare.
- Requests under the youth goal for support for youth that are formally engaged in post-secondary education. Youth are defined as prenatal through age 24 if not formally enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Single-day events (see Community Event Fund or Music Event Fund).
- Medical supplies, equipment, and medical devices.
- Support for individuals or teams to attend tournaments or competitions (e.g., athletic tournaments, academic competitions, or band trips).
- Activities that support a religious purpose.
- Awards to individuals (including scholarships).
- Discriminatory programs.
- Political campaigns (including influencing the outcome of any specific public election).
- Legislative advocacy (Exclusions include lobbying activity and voter registration activity. Bohemian supports education and outreach programs aligned with the goals of the Fund. Please contact staff before applying if advocacy is part of your work).
Organization Type Exclusions
- Non-501(c)(3) organizations (except eligible governmental units serving a charitable purpose).
- Programs and projects of a governmental entity that do not further a charitable purpose.
- Fiscally sponsored programs.
- Faith-based organizations requiring faith-based programming participation.
- Private schools.
- Private foundations.
- Type III non-functionally integrated supporting organizations.
Funding Type Exclusions
- Multi-year requests.
- Capital campaigns.
- Endowment funding.
- Debt reduction.
- Fundraising campaigns.
- Requests that supplant public (government) funding.