Nonprofits have the opportunity to interact with Give Next students in various ways throughout the program; including participating in Give Next Kickoff Day, hosting or making visits, providing volunteer opportunities, receiving grants, and attending award ceremonies.
Apply for a Grant
After Give Next Kickoff Day, students identify as a group, a single most important issue and develop a mission statement. In the fall, classrooms accept applications for Give Next grants from nonprofits providing services in Larimer County. Nonprofits are notified of award determinations that following spring.
There are two ways that nonprofits can apply for Give Next grants.
- By invitation. Once Give Next classrooms have created their mission statements, each will research and reach out to local nonprofits related to their mission. Through this process, Give Next classrooms may invite relevant nonprofits to apply for funding.
- Unsolicited grant application. Nonprofits providing services in Larimer County that are aligned with a Give Next classroom’s mission may apply for funding. The online application listing each classroom’s mission statements opens each year in November. Local nonprofits are welcome to submit an application to any classroom with mission alignment.
The 2023-2024 Give Next grant application will open in November 2023.
Give Next Kickoff Day
Give Next Kickoff Day is the official start of the program for students. Held annually in the Fall, it is a one day mini-conference for the Larimer County (Estes Park, Poudre, and Thompson School Districts) middle and high school Give Next students. Students hear from inspiring speakers, meet, and learn from local nonprofit staff, and participate in a career/post-secondary panel.
Nonprofits who wish to participate either at a booth in the nonprofit fair or by hosting a workshop at the event can sign up for our mailing list.
Students will leave the event with:
- Greater awareness and understanding of complex community issues
- Knowledge of how nonprofits and individuals work together to address these issues
- Opportunities for service and community connections
- Understanding of what they have to offer their community