Music Event Fund Guidelines
The Music Event Fund supports single-day events that:
- Showcase popular contemporary music and local artists
- Provide fair pay for artists and production staff
- Engage broad and diverse communities, especially youth
- Feature high quality sound
Organizations located in Larimer and Weld counties may apply for funds at least 60 days in advance of the event date or earlier. Funds will be allocated to each county and applications will be accepted while funds are available.
Eligible applicants must be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organization or governmental unit (as defined in section 170 (c)(1) of the Internal Revenue code). Private foundations and fiscal sponsorship programs are ineligible to apply to Music Event Fund. For governmental unit applicants, please contact the Music Programs staff to evaluate eligibility before beginning a Music Event fund application.
Events must occur within the geographic boundary of Larimer and/or Weld counties, and popular contemporary music must be an integral component of the event. Requests for funds are accepted on an ongoing basis or until funds are fully allocated for that grant year.
If your event does not meet the funding guidelines for the Music Event Fund, you may want to review the Community Event Fund guidelines.
Music Event Fund applicants may apply for support from $500 up to $2,500.
Events Not Eligible for Funding
The Music Event Fund does not support:
- Community events that do not include popular contemporary music as an integral part of the event. (For support for general community events, see Community Event Fund.)
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) public charities; individuals and commercial entities are ineligible.
- Emergency funding
- School trips
- Professional development conferences
- Walk/run/golf events, etc.
- Individual artists or bands
- Recording or jam sessions
- Parties or clubs
- Benefit concerts for individuals or groups outside of your organization
- Multi-day events (not typically supported; contact us directly if your proposed event is multi-day as a result of COVID realities)
- Team sports
- Applications to Community Event Fund and Music Event Fund for the same event
Application Process and Timeline
- Ensure your organization meets the Music Event Fund eligibility requirements and that your event aligns with our objectives.
- Music Event Fund applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. However, they must be received at least 60 days in advance of the event or earlier to be considered for review.
- Bohemian Foundation will respond to applicants within 30 days of receipt of a completed Music Event Fund application.
We encourage Music Event Fund award recipients to publicize their events and the Music Event Fund’s sponsorship.