Community Event Fund Guidelines
The Community Event Fund provides support for both community and fundraising events to nonprofit organizations providing services within the Poudre School District boundary area. Sponsorship consideration is given to single and multi-day events that create a meaningful interaction between the public and the nonprofit community.
Community Event Fund and the Community Programs Goals and Subgoals
Alignment with one of the Community Programs goals and subgoals is a requirement for funding. Applicants must demonstrate how their organization and/or event helps to advance one of our Community Programs goals and subgoals. Ideally we look for applicants with organizational missions and event fund requests that align with a Community Programs goal and subgoal. At a minimum, event fund requests must align with a Community Programs goal and subgoal.
Community Programs acts on our commitment to the care and enrichment of our community through three main goals:
- Encourage and enable youth to thrive.
- Empower individuals and families on the path towards economic stability.
- Strengthen our vibrant community.
What We Look For
In addition to alignment with overall Community Programs goals, strong Community Event Fund applications will address one or more of the following priorities:
- Involve community members in nonprofit programs and services.
- Encourage philanthropy and volunteerism in Fort Collins.
- Showcase an organization’s successes and contributions within the community.
- Increase the public’s awareness and understanding of the nonprofit community.
- Team sports
- School trips
- Emergency funding
- Professional development conferences
- Non 501(c)(3) public charity organizations
- Run/walk/golf or similar events
- Music-related events (see Music Event Fund)
- Applications to Community Event Fund and Music Event Fund for the same event
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit organization. Private foundations and fiscal sponsorship programs are ineligible to apply to Community Event Fund.
Applicants must provide services within Poudre School District boundary. Agencies don’t need to be headquartered in Fort Collins to receive funding. However, applicants must serve clients within the Poudre School District boundary or have a direct impact on individuals in our grantmaking area.
Community Event Fund requests can be up to $5,000.
Requests Not Eligible for Funding
Application Process and Timeline
Community Event Fund applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, however they must be received at least 60 days prior to the event date to be considered for review. We will respond to applicants within 30 days of receiving of a completed Community Event Fund Application.
All Community Event Fund applications must be submitted via the Bohemian Foundation grantee portal.
In addition to your online application, you will be asked to submit an outline of sponsorship benefits at all sponsorship levels offered before your application will be considered complete (i.e. “$1,500 Silver Level – banner displayed, mention in newsletter, etc.”).