Music Event Fund Guidelines
The Music Event Fund supports single and multi-day events that:
- Showcase contemporary music and local artists
- Provide fair pay for artists and production staff
- Engage broad and diverse communities, especially youth
- Feature high quality sound
Organizations throughout Colorado may apply for funds at least 90 days in advance of the event date. Funds will be allocated to specific regions of the state and applications will be accepted as long as regional funds are available.
Eligible organizations must be nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organizations, events must occur in Colorado and music must be an integral component of the event.
Funds will be allocated in seven regions of the State:
- Northern Colorado
- Denver Metro
- South Central
Requests for funds are accepted on an ongoing basis or until funds for a region are fully allocated for that grant year.
If your event does not meet the funding guidelines for the Music Event Fund, you may want to review the Community Event Fund guidelines.
Music Event Fund applicants may apply for support from $500 up to $5,000.
Events Not Eligible for Funding
The Music Event Fund does not support:
- Community events that do not include music as an integral part of the event. (For support for general community events, see Community Event Fund.)
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) public charities; individuals and commercial entities are ineligible.
- Emergency funding
- School trips
- Professional development conferences
- Walk/run/golf events, etc
- Individual artists or bands
- Recording or jam sessions
- Parties or clubs
- Benefit concerts for individuals or groups outside or your organization
Application Process and Timeline
- Ensure your organization meets the Music Event Fund eligibility requirements and that your event aligns with our objectives.
- Submit the Music Event Fund application and required attachments at least 90 days in advance of the event.
- Bohemian Foundation will respond to applicants within 30 days of receipt of a completed Music Event Fund application.
- Follow the specified publicity standards provided in the case of an award.
We encourage Music Event Fund award recipients to publicize their events and the Music Event Fund’s sponsorship.